Consign to a Greg Bussineau Auction
The GBSR Advantage
Greg Bussineau Sports Rarities conducts three catalog auction events per year. Each sale features several hundred lots of important rarities, iconic Hall-of-Famer items, and finest known sportscards. Also featured are many moderately priced, collector-oriented lots. So, whether you have a $1,000,000 T206 Honus Wagner card, or a $500 Mickey Mantle card, we'd be glad to include your consignment in one of our upcoming auctions. We offer a full suite of value-added services to our consignors. Here are just some of the advantages of selling through a Greg Bussineau Auction.
- Dynamic Marketing & Promotion: Your consignment will receive maximum visibility in a Greg Bussineau Auction. We have over 5,000 registered bidders, including virtually all of the hobby's biggest buyers. Our extensive client list is second to none in terms of quality, and ensures that your consignment is presented to all the right people. Full-color auction catalogs are sent, free of charge, to active clients. Our superior catalog and internet presentation features concise, informative lot write-ups with large, high-resolution images. Extensive advertising is done in a variety of trade publications and online venues. Comprehensive e-mail marketing, telephone consultations with key bidders, and in-person lot showings are all part of our marketing program. High-profile items are featured on our auction catalog covers, as well as on the home page of our website, and in our special "ON DECK" dedicated eBlasts and archives. Particularly attractive or rare items may qualify for the "GBSR SELECT LOT" blue ribbon designation in our online auction search listing.
- World Class Knowledge and Experience: Greg Bussineau has been involved in the sports collectibles market for over 30 years. He has helped to assemble and auction off some of the greatest collections in history. He has bought and sold many of the hobby's most important and valuable cards. Greg Bussineau's knowledge and experience in the sportscard business is world class.
- We Make It Easy and Safe: Depending on the size and value of your consignment, we can either come and pick up your items in person, or you can use our shipping account. On particularly rare or valuable items, we can set starting bids that will protect our consignor’s economic interest in the items. Super fast settlement checks are sent to consignors as soon as one week after the final day of the auction. The communication channels between us and our consignors are always wide open. Consignor input in the auction process is always welcomed.
- We Add Value to Your Consignment: We add value to your consignment in many ways. We will help in getting your cards professionally graded to maximize their sales price. We carefully go through all sets and groups of ungraded cards and pull out high-potential pieces for grading. Also, we examine all major pregraded cards in order to determine if any should be re-submitted to their respective grading service to review for a higher grade. In order to ensure the highest possible prices for your consignment, most items of a certain minimum value are listed as individual lots in our auction, not lumped together in bulky group lots.
- Intense Focus: Our auctions focus almost exclusively on sports and non-sports cards, and card related memorabilia. Card consignments will not have to compete with autographs, game-used equipment, etc. Also, we strictly limit the number of lots in our auctions. Items offered in our sales will be part of an exclusive group, and will not get lost in a crowd of filler material. Final sales prices will benefit from intense bidder attention to your items.
- Bidder Centric Auctions: Collectors love to bid in a Greg Bussineau Auction. Small bidding increments, reasonable starting values, no hidden reserves, private top-all bids, and lot by lot closing make the auction experience enjoyable and worry-free. Additionally, our reliable and user-friendly internet and website bidding platform ensures that anyone who wants to bid will be able to bid. No one gets frozen out at closing. Finally, all bidders with invoices over $2,000 receive free FedEx shipping.
- Single Owner Auctions: If you have a collection, or a particular set of sportscards, that reaches a certain value threshold, we have the ability to produce a dedicated auction for a single-owner consignment. We invite you to call us and discuss if you think this is an option you'd like to explore.